EXCEDE® (ceftiofur crystalline free acid) Sterile Suspension gives you the demonstrated efficacy of ceftiofur with the confidence of zero milk discard in a convenient extended therapy formulation.
- Metritis treatment label claim — FDA-approved to treat acute metritis in an innovative two-dose regimen1
- Convenient choice – Go-to antimicrobial for all ages and stages of cattle
- Extended therapy – Treats pneumonia and foot rot in a single dose2
- Zero milk discard – When used according to label directions, you will not have to worry about a milk residue
- 13-day pre-slaughter withdrawal – When used according to label directions, you will have the confidence of a known meat withholding time
To learn more about treating metritis with just two doses of EXCEDE, watch a video featuring Dr. Doug Hammon.
Go-to antimicrobial choice
EXCEDE is approved for the following indications in dairy cattle:
Important Safety Information: As with all drugs, the use of EXCEDE is contraindicated in animals with known allergy to ceftiofur or to the ß-lactam group (penicillins and cephalosporins) of antimicrobials. Though safe in cattle when properly administered, inadvertent intra-arterial injection is possible and fatal. EXCEDE has a pre-slaughter withdrawal time of 13 days following the last dose in cattle. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1133C-60-06-509, Zoetis Inc.
- Van Donkersgoed J, Dussault M, Knight P, Byers L, Takara M, Darien B. Clinical efficacy of a single injection of ceftiofur crystalline free acid sterile injectable suspension versus three daily injections of ceftiofur sodium sterile powder for the treatment of foot rot in feedlot cattle. vetlearn.com, December 31, 2007.